Amitec Doppler radar Training System DXR10 Features:
* Demonstrates the principle of Doppler shift of reflected electro magnetic wave from a moving
* Speed, rotation, event counting, level control, contact less vibration measurement
* Observation and measurements with software
* Microwave X band operation
* High gain Parabolic antenna provided for narrow beamwidth and clutter reduction.
* PC based oscilloscope provided
* FFT with cursor measurement
DXR10 Technical Specifications
Type : MMIC tranciever with parabolic dish antenna.
Antenna Size : 25cm dia with f/d 0.25
Frequency : 10.3 GHz DRO stabilized
Output Level : 0 dBm typical
Sensitivity : -70dBm typical
Output : PC Compatible
Power Supply : 100-240V, 47-63 Hz
Speed Display : Display in km/hr,miles/hr, m/s, rpm, event, Khz
Frequency set : gate time selectable from 10 ms to 1000ms and frequency threshold selectable from 1mV to 1000mV
Oscilloscope : Real time with digital storage
Display setting : Both X and Y position adjustable Volts/div : Adjustable
Time Base : Adjustable
Trigger : Auto
Fast Fourier transform
FFT : Real time Simultaneous speed and frequency display with cursor measurement
Scanwidth : Selectable in steps
Activity Log : User defined Start and Stop Event
Display : Peak to peak voltage display
Annunciation : audio & visual
Alarm : Adjustable threshold with
Event counting : With reset to zero
Speed Factor : User settable Hz/(Km/hr)
Counter : In built frequency counter in GUI
Audio in/out : Volume settings; alarm On/Off Settings
Velocity simulator (Moving Target Emulator):
Range : 0 to 1000km/hr
Accessories : Tuning Fork, Buzzer, Turbine Fan, Pendulum, Reflector Panel
E-Manual: Installation Video for ease of Learning
List of experiments:
* To investigate the fundamental concepts of Doppler radar.
* To setup radar and tune it for best performance.
* To measure speed of a fan.
* To detect the presence of a hidden Time Bomb with the help of a Doppler radar.
* To find out the Time period and frequency of a moving Pendulum for different lengths.
* To actuate the opening of a door, Traffic signal, Intrusion alarm etc. with the help of a radar.
* To measure the units of items being produced in an assembly line production unit.
* To determine the presence of moving plasma from one electrode to other in a Tube light.
* To detect the presence of transformer hum and find its frequency.
* To measure the variable speeds of moving objects using Velocity simulator.
* Calibration of Doppler radar using tuning fork.
* To study the reflective, absorptive and transmissive properties of materials using radar and velocity simulator.
* To find the speed of a moving object with Doppler radar from different angles.
* To find the speed of a moving object approaching or receding away from radar from different-different angles
* To estimate the size of a moving objects using Radar
* To measure the distance traveled using Radar.
* To find out the presence of a Pedestrian and manage Traffic till he walks away.
* To find out the presence of an aero plane with the rotation of the turbine of its engine as used by Air Force.
* To study the use of radar in detecting respiration and heart beating.
* Study of climatic conditions of atmosphere cyclones, Clouds, tornado using a Doppler radar.